Grand Union Canal
URACS, Blenheim Angling and North Harrow Waltonians now share fishing on the Grand Union Canal for the full stretch from Batchworth Lock right down to Denham Deep Lock.
Section ‘A’ Batchworth Lock 81 to Lock 83
- Parking is in the Aquadrome car park, subject to opening and closing times on the notice board. There are power lines crossing the canal and the “no fishing areas” are clearly marked
- Swims can be at times minimal due to the Permanent Mooring regulations and Visitor Moorings
- Species to be found are bream, carp, roach, tench and pike
Section ‘B’ Springwell Lock 83 to Black Jacks Lock 85
- Parking is available at the Coy Carp public house car park (chargeable). Please park away from the pub
- There are power lines crossing the canal and “no fishing areas” are clearly signed
- Fishing on mooring bollards or within fifteen metres of the bridge is not allowed
- Species to be found are bream, carp, perch, chub and roach
Section ‘C’ Black Jacks lock 85 to Denham Deep lock. 87
- Parking is in the roadway near the Horse and Barge public house away from the bridge
- There are power lines crossing the canal and” no fishing areas” are clearly marked
- Species to be found are bream, tench, roach, perch, carp, chub and pike.